161 Sixth Avenue 10013
Au pairs are caring, live-in childcare providers who live as an extended member of their host family and provide childcare for up to 10 hours per day and 45 hours per week. Au Pair USA offers au pairs the opportunity to live and work in the U.S. for up to 2 years on a 12-month full year program or a 3-month summer au pair program. The 12-month program can optionally be extended for an additional 6, 9, or 12 months.
While student’s main priority is to take care of the kids, they have plenty of free time to make the most of their time in the U.S. Students receive $500 from their host family for educational classes at local schools and they also participate in monthly meetings and activities planned with other au pairs in the community.
Au Pair Requirements:
- Be 18 to 26 years-old and in good health
- Have a genuine love of children and previouschildcare experience
- Speak and understand English and be a secondary school graduate
- Have an international driver’s license and a minimum of 50 hours of driving experience
- Be a non-smoker or be prepared to stop smoking if required by the host family
- Be of good character and receive a police clearance report
- Be prepared to commit to 12 months away from home
- Have not previously lived in the U.S. as an au pair
Countries-participants: Argentina, Aremenia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.