One Rotary Center, 1560 Sherman Ave. 60201
Rotary Youth Exchange Program
More than 80 countries and over 8,000 students are participants of the program, administered at the regional level by Rotary districts and at the local level by Rotary Clubs, which advances students education and world understanding through the opportunity to attend a secondary school system in foreign country living at the same time with one or more host families in their adopted land. Rotary Youth Exchange is open to young people ages 15-25 worldwide. There are two basic types of exchanges: short-term and long-term.
General short-term exchange:
- Ages 15-19;
- Several days to several weeks long;
- Don’t involve attending high school, but students can tailor their experience to match their interests;
- Can include homestays, tours, and international youth camps.
New Generations Exchange:
- Ages 18-25;
- Three to six weeks;
- Ideal for recent secondary school graduates;
- Can include homestays, tours, camps, or specialized internships.
- Ages 15-19;
- One year;
- Involves living with a few host families and attending a local school.
- Open to new experiences and cultural differences;
- Sponsored by a local Rotary club;
- Completed written application and in-person interview;
- Above-average student or young professional with demonstrated leadership in the community.
Germany, England, Italy, Spain, France, Korea, Japan, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, India, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Thailand, Turkey.Countries-participants: Germany, England, Italy, Spain, France, Korea, Japan, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, India, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Thailand, Turkey.