49931-1295 1400 Townsend Drive
Michigan Tech was founded in 1885. Total enrollment to the school now is 7,014. Keweenaw Peninsula of Michigan provides a beautiful backdrop to a world-class education. Michigan Technological University is located in Houghton, Michigan, which was included in the guidebook The 100 Best Small Towns in America, by Normal Crampton, as one of the best rural places to live in the US.
The ESL Program provides international students with the English language instruction and cultural training needed for success in academic study at the university, and in North American society. We offer high quality instruction and small class sizes.ESL students have access to the same amenities and resources as other Michigan Tech students and are encouraged to explore the rich campus life in a safe and friendly environment. Michigan Tech offers a wide variety of amenities and academic resources, including the nationally recognized Michigan Tech Writing Center, located directly across the hall from the Modern Language Lab, as well as the CCLI (Center for Computer Assisted Learning Instruction) just around the corner.
- Beginning level: 12 credits of reading, writing, listening/speaking
- Intermediate level: 12 credits of reading, writing, listening/speaking
- Low advanced level: 8 credits of ESL, 4 credits of academic courses
- Advanced level: 4 credits of ESL and 8 credits of academic courses
- Academic Support level: 1-3 credits of ESL, 7-12 credits of academic courses
$723 per credit hour