77056 5555 San Felipe Rd.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an integrated international energy company engaged in exploration and production; oil sands mining; integrated gas; and refining, marketing and transportation.
Marathon, which is based in Houston, Texas, has principal operations in the United States, Angola, Canada, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Indonesia, Ireland, Libya, Norway and the United Kingdom. Marathon is the fourth largest United States-based integrated oil company and the nation's fifth largest refiner.
Revenue 2009 - $81,186 millions
Marathon recruits college students for intern/co-op positions in the following areas:
- Controller’s Organization (Accountants). (Qualification. Required major: Accounting; Hiring Locations: Findlay, Ohio; Canton, Ohio; Catlettsburg, Kentucky; Detroit, Michigan; Garyville, Louisiana; Robinson, Illinois; St. Paul, Minnesota and Texas City, Texas.)
- Chemical Engineer (Refining). Desired Major: Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineer (Refining). Project duties includ the following: survey and update of refinery motors and transformers; update refinery one-line instrumentation drawings; assist with relay coordination calculations; work to develop small project construction packages which include work scopes and drawings; projects to upgrade and optimize instrumentation and control systems. Desired Major: Electrical Engineering.
- Environment & Safety. Desired Majors: Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, Fire Protection & Safety, Engineering (Environmental, Chemical, Civil), Earth and Environmental Sciences and related fields of study.
- Human Resources. Specific responsibilities may vary based on location; however, interns can expect to be involved in assisting in some of the following Human Resources functions: exempt and nonexempt hiring and employment practices; grievance research and preparation at union represented locations; research and development of employee relations programs; and special projects involving various functions in the HR field.
- Information Technology. Desired Majors: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems and Computer Information Systems.
- Marketing. Candidates should be following a marketing or business academic pursuit as a major discipline. They should exhibit the following attributes: maturity, self-motivation, thoroughness, flexibility, above average communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Mechanical Engineer (Refining). Most likely you will be working in the Maintenance Department, which is responsible for installing and maintaining process equipment, maintaining an inspection program for all equipment, and improving the reliability of rotating equipment in the refinery; or the Engineering Department, which is responsible for providing technical service on the various refining processes to the Operations Department and completing various mechanical and electrical design projects within the refinery. Desired Major: Mechanical Engineering.
- Project Engineer in Transportation & Logistics Engineering (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical). Desired Majors: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. Hiring Locations: Findlay, Ohio; and Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Purchasing. Desired Majors: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Logistics.
- Supply, Distribution & Planning. Desired Major: Supply Chain Management and Transportation & Logistics. Hiring Locations: Findlay, Ohio.
Students must maintain at least a 3.0 overall GPA. Internship positions are available in summer, fall and spring semesters.
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF) is the nation's oldest and most successful minority higher education assistance organization, supporting more than 60,000 students and administering more than 400 scholarships. Marathon and the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) have partnered to create the Marathon Oil Corporate/UNCF Corporate Scholars Program. The program provides educational opportunities through scholarships up to $15,000. Selected candidates will receive a 12 week summer internship at various Marathon field and office locations across the globe and transportation and housing stipends of up to $4,000. This will expose each candidate to outstanding examples of achievement and to career and leadership building opportunities.
Eligibility. Marathon is seeking sophomore applicants majoring in technical and business-related disciplines, in addition to senior applicants who have plans to earn a Masters in Geology or Geophysics. UNCF applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents; be African American, Asian Pacific Islander American, American Indian/Alaskan Native or Hispanic American; and maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.